We are continuing to build our team of publicists, digital strategists, writers, graphic designers, developers, data analysts, stylists, photographers, videographers, translators, and creative thinkers.
We’d love to hear from you.
Account Director, PR & Digital Media
21C is looking for an Account Director who is passionate about the arts, especially classical music, and the people who make it to join our team of PR & digital media experts.
Account Directors are the primary project managers for our small team which manages a roster of some of the most important artists and institutions working in classical music, opera, and musical theater. Depending on their client portfolio, Account Directors report to one of the company’s founding partners or the Senior Director of Digital & Creative Media, who serve as the strategic lead on each account.
– working with artists and their teams to develop a strong individual brand and promotional strategy that incorporates both earned and owned media
– collaborating with 21C’s editorial team to develop high-quality press materials
– pitching stories to journalists and other influencers
– creating compelling content for clients’ owned media channels, including website and social media
– writing, editing, and publishing copy for websites and social media
– creating and executing quarterly client reports and project plans
– project managing the development and maintenance of client websites
– keeping current on trends in traditional and digital-first press and social media
– working to continually develop 21C’s network of press and creative partners
– developing and pursuing leads on new business
The ideal candidate will have:
– At least 3 years of professional experience.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
– Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities.
– Demonstrated skills in digital content production, including video, photography, and graphic design.
– Experience with website and social media management
– Familiarity with digital analytics.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, WordPress, and Sprout Social
– Experience pitching stories to journalists.
– Interest in digital-first media trends.
– Strong time management, self-motivation and organizational skills adapted to a flexible work environment
– A personal or professional background in the arts (preferably classical music).
– Fluency in one or more foreign languages is a plus!
Location & Hours
This is a full-time position and the Account Director is expected to work Monday–Friday from 10am–6pm. 21C Media Group is based in New York City. The Account Director will be required to work in our office in midtown Manhattan on scheduled days. Remote work is possible the rest of the time. Because attending client performances and events in and around NYC are central to the role, the Account Director should reside in or be willing to relocate to the tristate area.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package including 401K savings plan and health insurance.
Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.