We are continuing to build our team of publicists, digital strategists, writers, graphic designers, developers, data analysts, stylists, photographers, videographers, translators, and creative thinkers.
We’d love to hear from you.
21C looks to fill a new senior-level position (title TBD) to:
• Evaluate opportunities for the company to grow its creative media offerings and focus on the company’s business development
• Manage digital and creative media strategy for a roster of the most visible and important artists and institutions working in classical music. Working with 21C’s team of strategists, responsibilities will include:
• developing client brand image and voice
• designing and producing owned media content for clients
• meeting artist, management, and other stakeholder expectations
• creating and executing quarterly client editorial calendars and project plans
• project managing client website development and updates
• writing, editing, and publishing copy for use on online platforms
• Continually develop and maintain 21C’s network of creative partners
• Follow and react to current digital media trends
• Represent the company and seek opportunities for conferences, talks, and meetings
• Oversee current departmental staff including evaluations, salaries and distribution of workload
• Make recommendations for hiring and managing new staff positions as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5+ years of related experience
• A track record of managing a team of 3-8 people, with strong leadership skills
• Experience working with high profile clients
• Significant experience in the classical music industry, including administrative and business acumen, familiarity with today’s performers and presenters, and familiarity with classical music history and repertoire
• Demonstrated skills in project management and execution
• Experience with and an intuition for design
• Knowledge of content storyboarding, production, and distribution
• Skills collecting and interpreting website and social media analytics via Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Insights, Sprout Social, and other tools in order to set future strategic directions for the company and its clients
• Experience in web design and understanding of website content management systems like WordPress, Squarespace, and Joomla
• Basic fluency with email marketing platforms like MailChimp and Campaign Monitor
• Knowledge of e-commerce distribution platforms like Amazon, Apple Music, and Spotify
• Command of best practices on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Familiarity with strategically planning and placing digital media advertising campaigns on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google Ad Words
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic financial literacy and ability to maintain select company financial targets
• Video editing and photography experience (appreciated but not required)
• Fluency in language(s) other than English (appreciated but not required)
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package including 401K savings plan and health insurance.
Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
The Public Relations & Digital Media Fellowship provides a unique opportunity for those interested in a career in the arts, public relations, and digital media to receive a complete overview of the workings of a performing arts media firm. The Fellow will assist division staff with the implementation of public relations, digital marketing and new media campaigns for a roster of leading classical artists. Specific responsibilities include organizing and updating artist press kits, preparing press books for clients, creating marketing materials and presentations for pitches, maintaining and mailing publicity material, publishing content to websites and social media platforms, research projects, drafting website and social media copy, and uploading images and videos to websites and social media.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills and a strong knowledge of classical music. A working familiarity with content management systems (especially WordPress) is preferred. We are looking for a bright, organized, detail-oriented individual with an ability to multitask.
Benefits/Compensation: This is a part-time, paid position that offers a weekly stipend in exchange for 23-29 hours of participation per week (exact hours and schedule TBD). The stipend will be prorated to accommodate shorter workweeks and/or fewer hours as needed. College credit is also offered.
Contact [email protected] to apply with a letter of intent and résumé according to the deadlines below. All materials received for speciﬁc positions will be kept on ﬁle for one year. Due to the volume of mail received, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries regarding application status.
For spring semester (January through May), applications are due December 1.
For summer semester (May through September), applications are due April 1.
For fall semester (September through December), applications are due August 1.